India’s IT outsourcing giant, Wipro Ltd, is paying USD500m to acquire Appirio, a US-based cloud services company. The deal, which is expected to be completed during the current quarter, is part of Wipro’s shift from its traditional outsourcing business to cloud, automation and digital services to meet Western clients’ demands. In a statement, Wipro said Appirio has 1,250 employees worldwide and holds offices in cities including Tokyo and Japan. Wipro is India’s third-biggest software export valued at over USD150bn. In the Philippines, Wipro operates a number of call centers in Metro Manila and Cebu City.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information