Tele Empire, a company engaged in business process outsourcing (BPO) and support services for online gaming, will transform an abandoned casino hotel in Subic into a BPO support center. According to Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) chairman Roberto Garcia, Tele Empire will take over the site for a monthly rental of about P3.6 million. The hotel used to be operated by the Malaysian-owned Legend International Resorts starting in 1993, but the state-owned Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp closed the Legenda casino in 2006 for its failure to pay arrears amounting to P365 million. The hotel occupies one whole block of prime land along the Waterfront Road, next to the building that houses the main offices of the SBMA.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information