IHG Global Insight said the Philippine economy can expand around 6% annually over the medium term and become a USD1tr economy by 2030. Economists said the country’s expanding Information Technology – Business Process Outsourcing (IT-BPO) industry and remittances from overseas Filipino workers will continue to be key growth engines. IHS Global Insight Asia-Pacific chief economist Rajiv Biswas cited the rapid economic growth recorded under the administration of President Benigno Aquino III when revenue from the IT-BPO industry grew to a point where analysts believed it will surpass the remittances from Filipinos working abroad. The IT-BPO industry raked USD22bn last year and created around 1.2 million jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information