Telus Corp has acquired the operations of AlarmForce Industries from Bell Canada, which recently purchased the Toronto-based home monitoring company. Telus will pay about USD66.5m to acquire about 39,000 customer accounts in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan — representing nearly 40% of the total AlarmForce customer base in Canada. Bell said there will be no immediate change for current AlarmForce customers and that Bell will work with Telus to ensure a smooth transition. Telus said it looks forward to welcoming western AlarmForce customers to the TELUS family and to integrating all British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan based AlarmForce employees and contractors into the TELUS team.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information