The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has said that it will announce the new telecoms company by December this year. According to DICT acting secretary Eliseo M. Rio Jr. the department is now finalizing the terms of reference for the selection process and that the bidding documents can be secured by those interested by the end of September. He also defended the National Telecommunications Commission from criticism that it was causing delays in the selection process. The DICT made the pronouncement as President Rodrigo Duterte warned that he will be taking over the decision on the selection of the third telco if the matter is not be resolved at the soonest possible time. The decision to select a third telco player has been postponed a number of times and the entry of a third player was among the election promises of President Duterte in 2016.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information