Wipro Limited, a leading global information technology, consulting, and business process services firm headquartered in India, has appointed Arundhati Bhattacharya to its board of directors. She has four decades of experience across India’s financial sector and was the first woman chair of the State Bank of India, the country’s largest lender. She will join the Wipro board on January 1 of next year, subject to stakeholders’ concurrence. As an independent director, she can provide to the board vast expertise in credit, foreign exchange, treasury, retail operations, mergers and acquisitions and the capital and bond markets. Bhattacharya was instrumental in shaping the digital transformation of State Bank of India and recognized for changing people management practices with a special focus on women. Azim Premji, Wipro chairman, said Bhattacharya’s expertise will immensely benefit the company.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information