The knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) sector is giving Cebu’s real estate a boost. Dom Fredrick Andaya, director of real estate consulting services firm Colliers International Philippines, said that KPO firms that provide higher value outsourcing services such as health information management, software engineering, and finance and accounting are taking a lot of office space in the city and are likely to account for a greater share of total office space absorption over the next 12 to 24 months. To continue to attract more outsourcing locators and to generate more jobs by 2020, Colliers said Cebu needs to foster an innovative environment for technology start-ups and no longer rely on just being an alternative location for outsourcing firms outside Metro Manila. Accenture, Shearwater Health, Cresco Share Services, Convergys, Wipro, and Teledirect are among some of the leading KPO companies in the city.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information