As part of its continued expansion Transcom, the largest Swedish-owned outsourcing firm in the Philippines, is looking for more workers for its non-voice services. Michael Weinreich, president and chief executive of Transcom AB Holding, said the company is expanding towards non-voice services. Weinreich noted a hike in Transcom’s revenues owing to its share of non-voice services. At present, Transcom has a voice and non-voice split of about 80% and 20% respectively, slightly more diverse than the BPO industry’s usual voice and non-voice ratio of 70-30. Weinreich said the company expects the trend to further change towards non-voice. Moreover, Transcom is also undertaking digital changes, but Weinreich said this does not mean there will be less reliance on live human agents. Transcom currently employs about 9,000 workers in the Philippines and aims to increase this to 15,000 over two years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information