The Philippines and the United Kingdom have signed a partnership statement and joint action plan on economic cooperation, trade, and investment that includes information and communications technology (ICT) among priority sectors. The agreement was sealed during the first Philippines-United Kingdom Economic Dialogue in Makati City. According to both sides, the dialogue marked a milestone in bilateral economic relations as they committed to work toward wider and deeper engagement. Aside from ICT, other priority sectors include education and skills development, green finance, transport, sustainable infrastructure, and banking. During the signing, Trade Secretary Ramon M. Lopez met with British Ambassador Daniel Pruce, who said the UK remains committed to supporting sustainable and inclusive development in the Philippines. Lopez, for his part, said the dialogue signals that both sides are ready and open for more business.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information