Derek Meyer, CEO of machine learning solutions provider Wave Computing, a Silicon Valley-based startup, said he believes AI will be a job creator and not a job replacer, contrary to some fears in the outsourcing industry. Consequently, the startup is hiring Filipino data scientists and software engineers, as part of its goal to make the country a global hub for AI. Wave Computing is working with local universities to enhance their AI programs and producing highly-skilled graduates, he said. Initially, Wave Computing will hire 20 personnel for its Philippine office, Meyer added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information