IT and software major Wipro is acquiring a minority stake of 33.3 per cent in US-based application security firm Denim for USD8.8m in an all-cash deal. In a statement, Wipro said the partnership will enhance its digital transformation and cybersecurity capabilities with Denim’s application security consulting, assessments and implementation services. As part of the transaction, Wipro will pick 510 Series A preferred units of Denim Group and 500 membership units of Denim Group Management, LLC, Wipro said in its disclosure to the stock exchanges. US-based Denim Group, which was started in 2001, has about 60 employees and offices in Austin and Dallas. It reported revenue of USD11.3m for the calendar year 2017.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information