Japan has handed Vietnam an estimated USD400m worth of information technology outsourcing work since 2014, making the Southeast Asian country Japan’s second-largest software and service outsourcing partner. More than 10 Vietnamese software enterprises have also opened branches and offices in Japan, according to FPT Software CEO Hoang Ham Tien. Tien said some 20,000 Vietnamese people are working the Japanese market in the fields of IT outsourcing and business process outsourcing. Vietnam is expected to need about 600,000 IT professionals by 2030. China is currently the number one outsourcing partner of Japan.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information