IT outsourcing giant Wipro has beefed up security at its Bengaluru campus after it received emailed threat of a possible lethal drug spread on the facility. In a police statement, Wipro said it received an anonymous email threat demanding Rs5bn (USD77m) worth of bitcoins as ransom. The anonymous sender reportedly threatened to use a lethal drug if Wipro fails to pay. Wipro confirmed that they have filed a complaint with the local law enforcement authorities after receiving a threatening letter from an unidentified source. Wipro has augmented security measures at all its office locations and stressed that the threat has no impact on the company’s operations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information