India IT and outsourcing giant Wipro has invested heavily in data to further enhance its ability to transform customers in the data space. Wipro CEO Abidali Neemuchwala said they are very upbeat about the company’s investment because data is going to be the currency of the future. Neemuchwala said Wipro has made strategic investments in about 12 startups and some kind of strategic alliance with another 20-22 startups to monetise data. Wipro president and chief operating officer B M Bhanu Murthy said Wipro’s analytical business has grown significantly well this quarter. He added that the company’s investment in big data has been on a day-to-day discovery platform.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information