Tech consultancy and outsourcing firm Wipro is expanding its presence in Saudi Arabia through a partnership with the country’s Ministry of Communication and IT. Wipro president for strategic sales and geographies Anand Padmanabhan said the partnership was signed recently, but the company has already been working in the Saudi market for more than 15 years. According to Padmanabhan, the Saudi government is looking to transform various industries such as oil and gas, health care, and education. Wipro already has 1,200 IT professionals working in Saudi Arabia, and the company is now the world’s third fastest growing global IT services brand, based on a study conducted by brand valuation firm Brand Finance. According to the Brand Finance report for 2019, Wipro has a total brand value of about US$4 billion, a 25% rise from a year earlier, making it one of the strongest brands in the IT outsourcing category with an AA+ brand rating.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information