From employing 163,759 staff on 30 September 2017, Wipro has trimmed its headcount at the end of December to 162,553, joining a number of IT companies that are going slow on hiring due to the impact of automation. At Wipro, voluntary quarterly annualized attrition was 16.2% compared to 16.7% in Q2. However, Wipro said it has stepped out hiring in its overseas markets with 55% of its US workers being local, up from just 36% 20 months ago. Latin America, local employees account for 95% of the total workforce while in continental Europe the number is 66%.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information