Congressman Christopher de Venecia of the fourth district of Pangasinan insisted that the call center industry is not the real sunshine industry of the Philippines but agri-preneurship. He said the call center industry will not be around forever with the coming of newer and more modern technologies that could soon relegate the industry to the back seat. Farming, on the other hand, is here to stay because of the need to produce more food, De Venecia said. However, he urged farmers to learn some marketing techniques so they will profit more from their farm products. De Venecia was speaking during the distribution of farm equipment under the Farm Mechanization Program of the Department of Agriculture.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information