With increasing numbers of people working the night shift at call centers, a medical expert has warned that working the graveyard shift can pose numerous health hazards. According to Dr. Michael Alexis Sarte, the Department Head of Snoring and Sleep Disorders of Medical City in Makati, the health hazards of working at night include heart disease, a weakened immune system, menstrual irregularities and the development of certain type of cancers. He said the quality and quantity of sleep during the day-time will not compare to the quantity and quality of sleep during night-time. The country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is currently among the most popular jobs for Filipinos, with millions employed in various call centers and BPO companies around the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information