The mayor of Mangaldan town in Pangasinan has revealed that an ICT-BPM official has approached her about the prospect of further opening the town for the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. Mayor Bon Fe Parayno said opening up her town to the IT-BPM sector will generate jobs for her constituents. At present, the town hosts only a few players in the IT-BPM industry, but is an indispensable source for employment for the town. As BPO investors move out of Metro Manila, the province of Pangasinan in Luzon is among the top options for BPO location. Last July, the mayor of Dagupan City, also in Pangasinan, sponsored an IT-BPM Summit to further promote the city’s advantages in terms of being a BPO location.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information