Data released by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) showed that one in every seven business establishments in the Philippines has engaged in off-site outsourcing as of 30 June 2014. According to the PSA report, 4,978 firms, or 14.1% of the total 35,214 establishments with at least 20 workers engaged in subcontracting or contracting out a business process. Among industry groups, agriculture, forestry and fishing were mostly engaged in outsourcing or off-site contracting or subcontracting. Operations in administrative and support service activities followed. By employment size, off-site contracting or subcontracting was most prevalent among firms with 20-99 workers. Activities related to finance or accounting were the mostly widely practiced outsourcing activities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information