The Philippines should not be complacent with its status as a global outsourcing destination because the likes of Vietnam, Turkey, Egypt and Canada have already started to make their presence felt in the global outsourcing and offshoring industry. This was revealed by Senen Perlada, director of the Export Marketing Bureau at the Department of Trade and Industry. Perlada said the industry needs to look at higher value sectors of the IT-BPM industry to ensure it will survive stiff competition. Perlada suggested that the industry further promote animation, game development, healthcare information management, and software services. With stiff competition from other countries, particularly in the voice outsourcing services, Perlada said stakeholders should be very careful with regard to the competitiveness of the IT-BPM industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information