More BPO employees in Cebu City, Philippines, are expected to benefit once the city government rolls out 19 new buses that will be used as free transportation for workers in the industry. The purchase of the large buses, which altogether cost PHP152m (USD2.9m), is still being bid on by the city. The bidding was set for 5 March. According to the head of the Bids and Awards committee, Ronald Malacora, two interested parties have so far expressed intentions to join the bidding. Malacora explained that the free transportation will be available for commuters who may find it hard to get a ride, especially during peak hours. The city has been offering free rides to the public, especially the BPO employees, since last year. Cebu City is home to a vibrant BPO industry, giving jobs to thousands of locals.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information