Global technology and outsourcing services firm Accenture has announced the appointment of Omar Abbosh as group chief executive for communications, media & technology, succeeding Robert E. Sell who is retiring in August. Abbosh’s successor as chief strategy officer will be announced at a later date, according to Accenture. Abbosh, who will start with his new position effective 1 September, will oversee all aspects of the company’s strategy, innovation programs, and investments, including ventures and acquisitions. His tasks also include management responsibility for Accenture Security as well as the company’s industry, research, and corporate citizenship programs. Abbosh has been with the company for 29 years, holding several management roles, including serving as global client lead for some of the company’s largest clients. Accenture employs nearly 450,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information