The chief executive officer of Accenture is stepping down due to deteriorating health. Pierre Nanterme was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2016, five years after he was appointed as Accenture’s CEO. He will be replaced by David Rowland as interim global leader. Nanterme said it has been an honor and privilege for him to serve the firm’s clients and employees for the past 36 years. He is confident that Rowland will make the transition seamless with his expertise. Rowland has been involved in developing and delivering growth strategy, and expanding the business into new and high-growth areas such as digital, cloud and security. He is a highly respected senior leader and developer of talent, said Nanterme. Accenture is a global management consulting and professional services firm that provides strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information