Business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Alorica, which employs at least 40,000 people in the Philippines, is bullish about the outlook for the outsourcing industry this year, with expectations of significant revenue growth. Alorica Asia president Bong Borja said the Philippines is a primary growth driver for the company. The company’s growth last year outpaced that of the Philippine economy, said Borja. For this year, the company is looking at a revenue increase in tens of millions of US dollars. Alorica’s optimism comes despite other players in the industry expressing concerns that the ongoing global trade war, the US president’s anti-outsourcing stance and the rise of AI and automation, will negatively impact the sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information