For its efforts in promoting gender equality and inclusiveness in the workplace, Accenture Philippines has been awarded with the EDGE Move Certification, the first Philippines-based firm to be given such an award. The Economic Dividends for Gender Equality (EDGE), a global assessment methodology and business certification standard for gender equality, handed the award to the Philippine office of IT-BPM global firm on 3 February. The majority of those working in the firm’s offices in Metro Manila, Cebu, and Ilocos are female workers, comprising 52% of the work force. According to country managing director for Accenture Philippines Lito Tayag, the company’s thrust has always included the promotion of gender equality and inclusion. He said that a good mix of males and females among workers leads to more unique views.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information