Global business process outsourcing giant Accenture has said that the use of new technologies has improved its processes and reduced lead times. The company has about 45,000 employees in the Philippines. According to Manish Sharma, Accenture Operations group operating officer, the company has passed over transactional jobs to new technologies such as artificial intelligence while creating more value-added jobs for its employees. In a press conference, Sharma said Accenture wants to give its people higher value-added jobs rather than “boring jobs”, and to keep the work that is intellectually stimulating for employees. Sharma did not give specific numbers, but Benedict Hernandez, the company’s operations lead in the Philippines, said Accenture expects a marginal decrease for the less than 50% in its workforce that are low-skilled.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information