Advances in artificial intelligence (AI) will make some call center operations obsolete and this is a threat in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, which is employing thousands of Filipinos alone. According to the American Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines, AI and automation may be even bigger threats to jobs in the country than US president Donald Trump’s “America First” policy. However, one industry player says AI also presents opportunities for BPOs to improve and move up the value chain, which is why a number of IT–BPO organizations are tapping the government and the academe to address the problem.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information