A business process outsourcing (BPO) agent has been invited by the police to shed light on a number of alleged robbery incidents at the IT Park in Barangay Apas, Cebu City. The BPO agent was the one who had texted Mayor Tomas Osmeña that the police had failed to respond to some reported robbery incidents at the IT Park. The name of the agent was not disclosed for her safety. Senior Superintendent Royina Garma, Cebu City Police Office director, said the agent’s claim, which Osmeña posted on his official Facebook page and which subsequently went viral, had damaged the image of the police. In a later discussion between the police and agent, the agent admitted that she was not a victim of any robbery at IT Park, but was simply relaying to the mayor stories that she had heard from her colleagues. The Mabolo Police Station, which has jurisdiction over Barangay Apas, recorded no robbery incidents at IT Park at the times in question.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information