American business process outsourcing (BPO) company Alorica Inc is hiring 6,000 Filipinos in Q1 of 2016, as a part of a global expansion, a top executive said Tuesday. Alorica senior vice president for operations Colleen Beers said 2,500 of the total available positions will be for new positions and up to 1,500 will be for seasonal positions. In a briefing in Makati City, Beers said Alorica and its clients love the work ethic, passion, and the skill set of Filipinos, which she said are exceptional. To support its expansion in the Philippines, Alorica is adding seats in its facility in Makati and for its operations from Lipa, Batangas. In total, these will accommodate as many as 3,500 new employees. Alorica, which is headquartered in Irvine, California, employs 48,000 team members in 73 locations across the globe, of whom about a quarter are in the Philippines
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information