Despite US president-elect Donald Trump’s promise to give Americans stable jobs, American companies are expected to continue hiring Filipinos for their business process outsourcing (BPO) operations. This was the optimism expressed by Albay Rep. Joey Salceda despite Trump’s anti-immigrant policies and commitment to bring back jobs to America. In a statement, Salceda said Filipinos are competitive and well suited for jobs in BPOs. He hopes though that the Trump administration will keep American BPOs in the Philippines and provide citizenship to undocumented Filipinos in the US. President Rodrigo Duterte is looking forward to working with the incoming administration of Trump.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information