A number of lawmakers in the Philippines have expressed concern that the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) firms will be badly affected following the election of Donald Trump as US president. Some lawmakers said Trump’s hard stance in prioritizing the creation of jobs for Americans could result in the pullout of BPOs. Among those who expressed concern was Ifugao Rep. Teddy Baguilat, who said Trump’s protectionist policies might mean the US would also tighten its outsourcing policies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information