Bacolod City in Negros Occidental province can handle high-value outsourced services involving knowledge and information. IT sector leaders in the city said Bacolod can shift to knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) following the experience of Cebu City. Jocelle Batapa-Sigue, executive director of Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for ICT (Bnefit) said the industry can focus on healthcare information management, software development, and creative processes like game development and animation. KPO companies, she said, offer higher value outsourcing services, such as medical transcription, software engineering, and finance and accounting. Aside from Cebu, several other Philippine cities are capable of shifting to KPO.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information