Despite Bacolod City’s ranking in the latest Tholons’ list of global outsourcing cities droppingto 97th from 85th, the Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation of Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT), remains happy that the city is still part of the top 100. BNEFIT executive director Jocelle Batapa-Sigue said the drop in ranking is a signal to push their efforts harder to further develop the outsourcing industry in Bacolod. She also admitted that Bacolod has not embedded the system that is sustainable to continuously support the growth of the IT-BPM industry. Aside from Bacolod, other Philippines cities, including Manila, Cebu, Davao, and Sta. Rosa, also saw their rankings drop this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information