American-owned business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in Baguio City will maintain their operations in the city even after the election of Donald Trump as the new US president. This was the optimistic forecast of Baguio Representative Mark Go, who himself is a businessman. Go said American BPO firms will only leave Baguio and go back to the US if the Trump administration will impose higher taxes on companies outsourcing work overseas. Baguio, he said, has a large pool of talent in terms of English proficiency, offering efficient services to clients overseas. Go, however, stressed that Baguio City will be among those heavily affected should American-owned BPO firms heed the call of Trump to go back to the US.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information