The business process outsourcing (BPO) sector in Bacolod City is expected to further expand as local officials push to restore business confidence and create a favorable economic climate in the city. In a forum organized by the Bacolod City government, Mayor Evelio Leonardia highlighted the importance of the city’s role in creating more opportunities and in the growth of the BPO and tourism sectors. Leonardia said creating a business-friendly environment will further attract potential investors, providing more work opportunities in Bacolod. He said the city will give precedence to the BPO and tourism sectors, which are its main economic drivers. In October, Bacolod became the first local government unit in the country to win the prestigious Crystal Flare for Beacon Award for its achievement in the BPO industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information