The Bangladesh Association of Call Centre and Outsourcing (BACCO) is proposing to the Bangladesh government to introduce BPO-related courses at a higher secondary level to further promote the country as an outsourcing hub. BACCO, whose directors recently visited the Philippines, wants the Bangladesh government to offer a course related to BPO similar to what the Philippines has done. Currently, more than 40,000 young people work in about 100 companies in the sector in Bangladesh and the figure is expected to reach 100,000 by 2021, said Towhid Hossain, secretary general of BACCO. That compares to the 1.5 million Filipinos working in IT-BPM companies in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information