Most of the ecozones in the Province of Negros Occidental are dominated by business process outsourcing (BPO) companies, according to the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA). There are currently 22 Peza-registered ecozones in Negros Occidental. Of which, 15 are operational IT parks, mostly in Bacolod City, which is hosting at least 25 business process outsourcing (BPO) firms and locators. PEZA Director General Charito Plaza in a recent city visit said that the agency continues to invite local government units and private landowners to developed ecozones and it will also invite different global industries to locate in the country. However, she admitted that several challenges should be faced such as the lack of qualified manpower, high cost of power, and political stability and law and order.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information