DMCI Holdings Inc chairman Isidro Consunji has warned that the complete elimination of employment through contractualization could cause negative consequences, especially to the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. Consunji said it would be bad to abolish contractualization because there are sectors and industries that are best served by employment offered on the basis of contracts. Examples of these are the construction and BPO industries. Phinma Corp Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ramon del Rosario Jr. shared Consunji’s sentiments, adding that many of the engagements in the BPO sector are done by contracts. The business leaders instead urged the government to focus on stopping abuses of the practice instead of outlawing it altogether.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information