The impact of the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry, among others, will help propel the spending growth in the Philippine Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector this year. According to infotech research company IDC, total spending growth in the Philippine ICT sector is expected to range from 8% to 10% this year on the back of the robust BPO industry, rise of millennials, disruptive technologies, demand from SMEs, and the impact of next-wave cities. IDC, however, sounded a note of caution over radical policies that may emerge in the six to eight months following the elections. It also urged the next government to prioritize key aspects for ICT and cited the need for prioritization of the BPO industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information