The Bacolod-Negros Federation for Information and Communication Technology (BNEFIT) will include in its 2018 planning agenda the safety and welfare of call center employees in their workplaces, said lawyer Jocelle Batapa-Sigue, executive director of BNEFIT. Batapa-Sigue had earlier said that malls offering office space to BPO locators must understand the nature of the call center business. They should always take measures to protect the lives and welfare of the workers, she said, adding that BPO facilities should employ the highest degree of safety and emergency measures to prevent loss of lives. BNEFIT made the pronouncement following the 23 December fire in a mall in Davao City that claimed the lives of 37 BPO workers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information