Qualfon has accepted the proposal of Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña for a residential quarter for call center agents who are single parents. The mayor said he wanted to deal with one company for this project. Osmeña plans to build residential quarters for BPO workers who are single parents so that they would not quit their jobs and go back to their provinces to prevent them from being separated from their children. The mayor said that a donor is providing a 500 square meter lot inside the IT Park for the residential quarters, which will enable many call center agents to walk to their workplace. They will be housed in a dormitory with a playroom, study room, daycare among other services.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information