The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) 7 has identified industry and services sectors, including manufacturing, construction, tourism, and business process outsourcing (BPO) as the drivers of the economic growth in Central Visayas. The industry and services sector combined account for roughly 90% of the regional economy. The region has been the fastest growing regional economy in the past six years and NEDA sets a target of 7.5% to 8% of expansion during President Rodrigo Duterte’s administration. NEDA 7 director Efren Carreon, however, said the IT-BPO sector is one of the vulnerable sectors in the region today as some US BPO firms decided to defer their investments.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information