A report released by online employment portal JobStreet showed that those employed in the business process outsourcing (BPO), retail, and banking sectors were the least satisfied workers in the Philippines. Workers in the government, education and energy industries reported the highest job satisfaction, the report showed. Overall, however, the report found that Filipinos were happiest with their jobs compared to workers from six other Asian countries – Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being extremely unhappy and 10 being extremely happy, Filipinos averaged 6.25 points. The continued growth of the economy was lifting the spirits of Filipino workers, said JobStreet Country Manager Philip Gioca.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information