An industry official has revealed that the growth of Davao’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is hampered by the lack of qualified human resources and the required talent pool. Samual Matunog, president of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Davao, said several BPO locators are already expressed interest to invest in Davao, but the city cannot satisfy the demand that these companies are requiring. Among the top demands are for agents to speak other languages, such as Japanese, Spanish and German. While he admitted that Davao has a huge talent pool that can be tapped by BPO firms, the challenge is how to turn those into qualified personnel that can meet the demand of the market. A Cebu-based BPO firm, for instance, has inquired about doing business in the city but needs agents that can speak German, Matunog noted.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information