Business process outsourcing (BPO) firms will join the 5 December job fair for persons with disability (PWD) at the Quezon City Hall. Over 1,000 job openings will be offered from different sectors, such as BPO, manpower and security services, sales, hotel, health and wellness, electronics, memorial services, and media, according to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). Interested applicants may register at www.philjobnet.gov.ph. The job fair is part of the DOLE’s 85th founding anniversary. As stipulated under Republic Act 10524, government agencies are mandated to employ PWDs to comprise at least one per cent of their headcount. The law also mandates the government to provide incentives to private firms to employ more than 100 PWD employees. The Department of Trade and Industry and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority will also provide skills and livelihood opportunities at the job fair.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information