Business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in the Philippines need to follow the stricter privacy regulations of the European Union and Asia to keep the industry growing. This was the pronouncement of National Privacy Commission (NPC) chairman Raymund Liboro during the Data Privacy Asia conference. The new EU regulations, which will take effect in May next year, will require any country to attain adequacy status first before being allowed to process EU citizen’s data outside Europe. Singapore and Malaysia have also enacted comprehensive data privacy laws patterned after the European model.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information