Davao’s high land cost could limit investment in the city’s economic zones, especially the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, the Chamber of Real Estate and Builder Associations (CREBA) said. CREBA national committee chairperson for economic zone development Malou Monteverde said the cost of land in Davao is very expensive even in agricultural areas. She said the cost of land means a lot for BPO firms in terms of competitiveness. She also urged the local government to set up economic zones focused on BPOs with at least a 25-hectare area. Davao City currently has four economic zones focused on manufacturing and logistics.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information