Business process outsourcing (BPO) operators in Cebu City are supportive of the city’s plan to build a Call Center City at the South Road Properties development. BPO operators said that the concept, once implemented, will attract more foreign outsourcing locators to the city. The positive remarks of the BPO operators were made after their meeting with Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña. According to the mayor, he met with BPO operators to gather their input for the proposed Call Center City. The mayor told reporters that the concept generated up to 90% acceptance from BPO operators and call center agents. The Call Center City plan was Osmeña’s proposed solution to the falling rankings of the city in the latest Tholon’s list of global outsourcing cities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information