Swedish Ambassador to the Philippines Harold Fries said his government is looking into potential investment opportunities in the city and province of Iloilo. Although he did not specifically stated the industries that Swedish investors might be interested in, Fries said Iloilo’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector is a strong contender. A Swedish BPO company, Transcom, is already operating in the city, employing hundreds of local employees. In a short talk with Iloilo City Vice Mayor Jose Espinosa III and Iloilo Governor Arthur Defensor Sr, Fries said Swedish investors may also be interested in Iloilo’s infrastructure. Fries, who last visited Iloilo 25 years ago, said the city and the province have undergone enormous and impressive changes.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information